CNI SBSS stands with the communities and provides help and relief support in times of emergencies and natural disasters like floods, tsunami, droughts etc. In relief mode we provide immediate necessities to the communities like ration kits, hygiene kits and helps them get access to special Govt. schemes rolled out during emergencies.
In September 2019, ration kits were distributed to 700 families of Rangoli (400) & Aitiwade (300) villages affected by Kolhapur floods.
CNI SBSS COVID-19 Response
India like rest of the world is grappling under the effects of COVID-19 pandemic. The lockdown since March 2020 and restrictions across India continued to affect the marginalized communities and migrant workers, which resulted in loss of their livelihoods, lack of food, shelter, health care, and other basic needs. Mobility and access to utilities became a challenge, especially for marginalised communities. The situation especially became grim during March 2021 when the country faced the second wave of COVID-19. A large population suffered at the hands of the deadly virus which was spreading fast in the country. Many people lost their lives and were hospitalized.
- CNI SBSS provided relief materials like Dry rations, sanitary materials including face mask to 52,598 beneficiaries in 2020 in five states of India- Maharashtra, Punjab, Odisha, West Bengal and Jharkhand.
- Ran Community Kitchens
- Helped Communities access different state specific special schemes launched by state governments to support the poor and needy affected by the pandemic.
- Created awareness on hygiene & COVID-19 related guidelines and protocols
- Distributed education kits to children
- Livelihood support given was provided to families and Self-Help Groups
- Campaigns were run to raise awareness on COVID-19 by using different mediums like Wall writing, Pamphlets, Outside Broadcasting (OB) Van.
Read here for COVID-19 Relief details